Pediatrics Community
Fainting/Blacking out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Fainting/Blacking out

My 4 year old daughter have been fainting/blacking out for short periods, a few seconds once a day for the last week. she'll be standing or walking and suddenly fall down, then cry afterwards. I saw it happen tonight and I'm terrified, why is this happening, who do I take her to????
take her to her pediatric doctor, (most times to go anywhere else you need a referral) them the doctor what you saw. it could be anything from a vagal response to a seizure or something else. I would make an appointment if you can at the time if you remember, check her pulse, color, what her eyes are doing. does this happen when she does certain things. I know it seems like a lot to remember, the more ting you notice the chances of you getting the the right doctor sooner is going to be better, for instance, if you see that she is blue and her heart rate is low, then most likely you will go see a cardiologst and not a neurologist, but if you see her eye rapid movement then you might need to go see a neurologist as it could be a small seizure. I am not saying it IS either one just an example.
Good Luck to you guys
Michelle