Puberty at 7.5 years old
My daughter is 7.5 years old and is starting puberty, how do I stop the progress so she won't get her period so young? Her vagina is already growing hair and just this week I noticed kind of an acne under her skin on her forehead showing. She is very moody, attitude and starting to refuse eating normal meals she used to enjoy. Our dr. Appointment is on the coming Monday.  I am so worried that she is not ready, because she is not ready at her age to have a period yet.
EllaUnmbrella
Hi!
Well, I can understand your apprehension, but puberty age is falling and girls do start puberty at 8 years.  Precocious puberty or early puberty is usually due to congenital adrenal hyperplasia, disorders of ovaries, and/or adrenal glands, HCG releasing tumors, McCune-Albright syndrome (unlikely if she does not have patchy skin and bone deformities), and hypothalamic hamartoma.
Do discuss this with your doctor and if she does not have these problems then she is normally starting her puberty. Take care!