Pediatrics Community
congenital hypothyroidism aggression

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

congenital hypothyroidism aggression

My daughter is nealy 5 and has congenital hypothyroidism, she was born without the gland and we continually change her medicine dose, i live in greece and find it hard to get answers here. my worry is that she can become very aggressive and vicous, especially when tired, but when she has an outburst it seems to come from nowhere, has this anything to do with her condition and how can i control it.
my son is only 19 months and also has congenital hypothyroidism, i have found it to be difficult to deal with the everyday hassel of fits, outbursts, bitting, tantrums, and so on. he gets mad and impatient for no reason...his cup of juice is empty so he goes and  hits his 5 month old sister. he is loving one minute and he hates you the next just for talking to him. i havent the slightest clue of how to get through to him. i have gotten down on his level but i cant get down any lower or i would be speeking gibberish even to him. tough love, time out, and ignoring the behavier havent worked. all i can say is hold on, its a long and tough ride. and good luck to you and your child.