Pediatrics Community
my son is going through puberty at age 10

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

My son is in Stage 3 tanner scale with a bone age of 12 1/2. He is 10 years old.  Our endocrinologist suggests that he  should go on Lupron to give him his best height potential. He is 5 ft right now and my husband is 5 ft. 10 in.  I am  5 ft. 3 in.  Do you think this is a wise thing for us to do?  Are there any bad side effects of lupron?
there are side effects to every drug, it's just a matter of weighing out the the pros and cons. write down the possible side effects vs the possible benefits to him using this med and then decide from there. good luck.