Pediatrics Community
new born baby born with one testicle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

new born baby born with one testicle

how does a new born baby have only one testicle? what do you do in this situation? and how will this affect him in the future?
is it a hernia? My fiance was born with a hernia and had to have surgery to allow the other to drop. My nephew was born with one and after a few weeks the other dropped into place.

If he does in fact only have one testicle, the chances of having children is lowered. This does not mean it is impossible though. I would ask his doctor at his next appointment. Or, you could make an appointment just to get some answers.