TVT mesh removal
Sling TVT  in 2007
It's been 4 years.  I have not had sex, but I think the mesh is coming through. I feel a wierd sensation - uncomfortable.  
Reading other posts tells me.. Yep, it is the mesh I am feeling.
QUESTION- In 2011 have they studied this and can a doctor
repair this .. remove the mesh successfully without complications and give my back a normal sex life?
I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing some difficulties. First up, what type of physician did your surgical procedure? Urogynecologists are specialists trained in health issues related to the pelvic cavity and are the physicians of choice but often women have procedures by others types of physicians like who have not gone through extensive training for this area of the body. It does not mean they are not good physicians, it's a matter of the pelvic cavity being extremely intricate with so many organs and soft tissues coming together and these procedures really should be done by specialists for the best outcome-the same as seeing a specialist for other health issues.

Step one is to see the physician who did the procedure for a consult on what is going on.There are not a lot of physicians who remove mesh this long after a procedure has been done but a few can be found. You may be able to get that info from the physician who did the surgery; you need to find out if indeed that is the problem that is mesh related and if not what else is going on. There are risk factors with all surgical procedures but the risk of mesh complications from any mesh surgery whether POP related or not is small-however you should get checked to see if that is the problem or if some other issue needs to be addressed.

Don't let the hype from lawyers ads on TV convince you however that you have a problem; find out from a health care professional.

There is a small % of people who react to mesh but they have problems immediately after their surgery, not 4  years later. Consult with your physician to see what the problem is and go from there.

Good luck, I hope you get the answers you need soon.
Sher