People Allergic to Me (PATM) Community
NewToTheForum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PATM - People Allergic to Me.

NewToTheForum

I'm guilty. I confess. I've been visiting this forum for many months w/o posting anything. I was hoping to come across a post where someone says they've found a cure for PATM.

I've been dealing w/ this condition for 5 yrs. At first I didn't even know I had a condition. I just knew that when I used certain products, I'd have allergic reactions. People around me would react the same. Coughing, sneezing, sniffling, clearing their throat, etc. I thought that the products just didn't go well w/ my body chemistry. It happens. But then I began noticing something strange. Products that I've used many times in the past, I could no longer use. Shampoos, conditioners, bodywashes, lotions, deodorants, hair gel, laundry detergent, even chapstick caused allergic reactions in myself and others. I no longer attempt to wear perfume because if I use one little drop it smells like I've doused myself w/ the whole bottle. Not only is the smell strong, but it lingers. Also, I often suffer from dry mouth and nasal passages. The air around me seems stuffy. When I enter an enclosed space, it's as if I literally suck the fresh air out of that space.

I rely on public transportation & work in an office so you can imagine what that has been like. The whispers, the dirty looks in my direction. If I could have quit my job, I would have done so. But since that isn't an option, I'm still searching for that cure and I think I may have found it. I began taking a multivitamin (2 One a Day Petites) in the morning w/ breakfast and 1 Chlolophyll and 2 Charcoal capsules after lunch. So far it seems to be helping a lot. I've been experiencing far less reactions and I no longer have the dry mouth/nose. And the best thing about it is that it's not an expensive or extreme solution. This is something I can easily continue doing.

In the meantime, I will continue to use Almay Hypoallergenic fragrance free deodarant and Aveeno fragrance free lotion (Target and CVS sell a store brand substitute for Aveeno that works just as well). After enough time has passed, I will put on a little perfume or body spray just to see if I react to it. If I'm allergic to it, then I know that other people are going to react to it too. If I don't react to it, then it might be possible that I'm finally cured.

Sorry for the long post. I'll keep you updated w/ my progress or lackthereof. If this doesn't work, I'll keep on trying.