People Allergic to Me (PATM) Community
NewToTheForum
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PATM - People Allergic to Me.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

NewToTheForum

I'm guilty. I confess. I've been visiting this forum for many months w/o posting anything. I was hoping to come across a post where someone says they've found a cure for PATM.

I've been dealing w/ this condition for 5 yrs. At first I didn't even know I had a condition. I just knew that when I used certain products, I'd have allergic reactions. People around me would react the same. Coughing, sneezing, sniffling, clearing their throat, etc. I thought that the products just didn't go well w/ my body chemistry. It happens. But then I began noticing something strange. Products that I've used many times in the past, I could no longer use. Shampoos, conditioners, bodywashes, lotions, deodorants, hair gel, laundry detergent, even chapstick caused allergic reactions in myself and others. I no longer attempt to wear perfume because if I use one little drop it smells like I've doused myself w/ the whole bottle. Not only is the smell strong, but it lingers. Also, I often suffer from dry mouth and nasal passages. The air around me seems stuffy. When I enter an enclosed space, it's as if I literally suck the fresh air out of that space.

I rely on public transportation & work in an office so you can imagine what that has been like. The whispers, the dirty looks in my direction. If I could have quit my job, I would have done so. But since that isn't an option, I'm still searching for that cure and I think I may have found it. I began taking a multivitamin (2 One a Day Petites) in the morning w/ breakfast and 1 Chlolophyll and 2 Charcoal capsules after lunch. So far it seems to be helping a lot. I've been experiencing far less reactions and I no longer have the dry mouth/nose. And the best thing about it is that it's not an expensive or extreme solution. This is something I can easily continue doing.

In the meantime, I will continue to use Almay Hypoallergenic fragrance free deodarant and Aveeno fragrance free lotion (Target and CVS sell a store brand substitute for Aveeno that works just as well). After enough time has passed, I will put on a little perfume or body spray just to see if I react to it. If I'm allergic to it, then I know that other people are going to react to it too. If I don't react to it, then it might be possible that I'm finally cured.

Sorry for the long post. I'll keep you updated w/ my progress or lackthereof. If this doesn't work, I'll keep on trying.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
People Allergic to Me (PATM) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank