Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Need help, about ovulation and tests!!

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Need help, about ovulation and tests!!

Hi all,
I am 31 yrs old have been with my partner 9 yrs and we have used no contraception for at least 6 yrs, and until recently have not fell pregnant (that i know of) ever!!! Last October I missed my period and took a test and it was positive.... I unfortunately had a miscarriage and after the initial waiting period have been trying to conceive ever since..... I started doing ovulation tests in February and haven't had a positive test until...... Today 25/04/2012...... my question(s) are: I came off my period fully yesterday and was wondering if being so close to my period would this affect my result of ovulation??? and also me and my partner had sex this morning and was wondering if this may affect it???

This may sound dumb.... but not too clued up on all this ovulation stuff and don't know what to think right now when I saw the smiley face on my Ovulation test was soooooooo excited but needed to ask this first so I am all set...... any comments are greatly appreciated......

Thank you in advance
Do you have more ovulation tests? If so, take another test in a few hours and see if it's still positive, if it is, definitely have sex tonight!  The way it works is you count your cycles from the day you start your period until the day before your next period, after a few months you'll know just how long your cycles are. But you can buy a cheap 20 pack of ovulation strips for the month. The day after you stop your period you can start testing once a day. It's best to test in the afternoon between 2-8pm, hold your pee for 4 hours and don't drink within 2 hours of the test. About half way through your cycle you should get a positive (but not every woman does half way through their cycle, so make sure you test every day!) Good luck hun, if you have any questions send me a message!