Baby shower
I am seeing the light at the end of the pregnancy tunnel now that I'm 21 weeks and it has just dawned on me that I have no idea who is going to be doing my baby shower. Absolutely no one is acting like they want to throw one for me and I'm shocked because a lot of friends have said they can't wait to attend it... Since this is my first baby and I'm pretty excited about having her (even though I'm single because the daddy bailed), I really don't want to miss out on having my friends and family in one place. Just thinking about being able to share the joy and tears and laughs has me feeling happily overwhelmed; I miss them so much and haven't seen over half the people I want to come in over six months (with some it has been years). I just know having a shower will make me happy and the gifts are third when it comes to getting hugs from loved ones- I count hugs as first and second. I'm not trying to make it a "gift grab." I just want to see the people I care about and I want them to see how big I've gotten when the time comes. What if no one volunteers to throw it? Do I just miss out entirely? I've missed out on so many things in my life (high school graduation, prom, childhood friends, having a partner while pregnant, etc) that I don't want to miss anything else. How long should I wait before I start really worrying?
I am lucky to have a friend volunteer, but there is no rule that says you can't throw it yourself. I'd give people the when and where and even suggest a pot luck or ask some of your closer friends if they could help with snacks since you will.have plenty of expenses soon and you don't have an official shower hostess. Have fun!