Prostate Cancer Community
Blood in semen
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood in semen

Dear Sir/Madam:

I would like to ask if I had sex with my girlfriend and on the 1st round, my sperm was normal, meaning no blood/ no stain.And on the second and third round, I've notice that there's a presence of blood on my semen. I didn't feel a pain or abnormalities on my penis. Do you think that I have a serious sickness like phostate cancer/HIV? What medical attention/cure should i do? Is it tranmittable? Will my partner be affected of this illness? What might be the cause of it? Please I need some answers. Thanks!
Related Discussions
  • blodd in semen (2 replies):
    On two seperate occations I have noticed a small trace o...[more]
  • Symptoms? (5 replies):
    Some background: I am a 56y/o in generally fair health. ...[more]
  • semen (1 replies):
    I have blood in my semen and have no other symtons...I d...[more]
  • Blood on Semen (2 replies):
    I am a 36 male, heterosexual. Today after sex my girlf...[more]
  • Prostate problem (1 replies):
    Recently I had a prostate biopsy done on me. I have had...[more]
Hi,

The presence of blood in the semen does raise an issue of prostate disease. There is a common enlargement of the prostate as men age. It would be best to have yourself examined by a doctor. Other things to consider would be the risk of bleeding from other sites of the body (if the propensity to bleed is believed to be due to a defect in blood components that prevent excessive bleeding). If there is some pain associated during the sexual act, then an evaluation sooner would be more important. Stay positive.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Prostate Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...