Blood in semen
Dear Sir/Madam:

I would like to ask if I had sex with my girlfriend and on the 1st round, my sperm was normal, meaning no blood/ no stain.And on the second and third round, I've notice that there's a presence of blood on my semen. I didn't feel a pain or abnormalities on my penis. Do you think that I have a serious sickness like phostate cancer/HIV? What medical attention/cure should i do? Is it tranmittable? Will my partner be affected of this illness? What might be the cause of it? Please I need some answers. Thanks!

The presence of blood in the semen does raise an issue of prostate disease. There is a common enlargement of the prostate as men age. It would be best to have yourself examined by a doctor. Other things to consider would be the risk of bleeding from other sites of the body (if the propensity to bleed is believed to be due to a defect in blood components that prevent excessive bleeding). If there is some pain associated during the sexual act, then an evaluation sooner would be more important. Stay positive.