Chronic Prostatitis
i am 35 and healthy on all levels, but when i was young i was dumb and caught Chlamydia - which ended up affecting my prostate and inevitably becoming what the doctors would call chronic.

since then i have caught chlamydia one other time from a girlfriend, and feel like i have hurt myself for good.

recently the pain has been different.  i havent been tested for std's yet, but it just feels like a constant urge to urinate and painful urination.  

if its not an STD, then what can i do to aleviate to pain and irritation?  i heard propecia? saw palmetto?

could there be another reason (not std or chronic Prostatitis related) for the pain which would require a different antibiotic?

thanks

kidken

The medications you mentioned deal with enlarged prostates, usually the one associated with age. If you have chronic prostatitis, then this would be better treated with antibiotics. It would usually take weeks if not months due to the poor penetrance of the prostate. Be careful with saw palmetto, it may relieve symptoms but the obstruction is persistent so you may get late complications without the early warning signs of the symptoms. IF there is doubt as to cause, then there are some urine tests that may be helpful. Discuss your treatment options with your doctor. Stay positive.