Help
Hello.  In 2004 my father had prostate cancer surgery. The surgeons took an aggressive approach and I believe removed the prostate all together if memory serves, and if that is possible.  Anyway, since then all of his PSA's have been 0.00 or undetectable.  Cured right?  Well he went to his scheduled urologist lately and was told that his PSA is now 0.6.  The doc wants to see his again in a month.  Is this an indication at the devil has returned?
Hi there!

Well, though we technically try to remove all prostate, even with total prostatectomy there may be some tissue left behind. Non-detectable or low levels of PSA should not be a reason for alarm though one would typically like to observe the levels over time and keep the PSA velocity in check. If the velocity is high, one may decide on a further management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!