Prostate Cancer Community
Solution for scar tissue FROM a cystoscope

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

I had a cystoscope about 10 years ago. Immediately after the procedure I could blood and the pain has never stopped. I was told I was perfectly clear from that doctor and ended up being damaged badly. Ripping and tearing was a regular event and even after scar tissue develped....still have pain. I waited as long as I could until I saw a pain Management specialist and eventually gave in to the fact that that doctor damaged me forever. I had visited many of the best urologist on Arizona and called a number of them around the country. Since any doctor would need to perform another scope to scrape away the scar tissue created from the first one.....I was not willing to risk getting worse. Now, without health insurance I am without any hope of getting my health back to normal. If you know of any new procedures medicines that disolve scar tissue.....please please let me know..J
Hi there!

Well, there are a few medications that could help reduce the scar tissue but these would need to be injected into the substance of the scar tissue. Scar tissue ablation is another technique that may be helpful. However these may require partial invasive techniques depending on the location of the scar tissue. It would be best to discuss the situation and the possible management options in detail with a urologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!