Prostate Cancer Community
scar tissue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

scar tissue

my father is 81 y/o and had prostrate cancer in the pat.  he had a partial tur done followed by radiation therapy.  he has now developed scar tissue in the ureter and has complete urinary retention.  they have difficulty catheterizing him and he recently had a procedure done where the doctor did what he explained as fileting inside the ureter.  he has since had to be catheterized several more times for the inability to void.  he has been to the er several times.  the doctor wants them to straight cath him every 2 to 4 hrs to retrain his bladder.  he can't do it himself as he is heavy and can not see his penis, so m mother has been doing it.  they are always unsuccessful.  he has not been circumcised either and the doctor has told them that he hasa very short urethrea.  he is very private about himself and my sister nor i have ever seen him in his underwear so it is not even a possibility for me as an lpn to do it for them.  my sister and i would like to know is there is some other kind of a procedure that can be done to help him that may be relatively new.  if there is, and you could send me the information that i could print off for them, i would greatly appreciate it.  thank you very much,   debby
Tags: urinary