Radiology Expert Forum
Sestamibi scan
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Radiology Forum! Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics covered in this forum include Breast Imaging, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound and X-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Sestamibi scan
I recently had the above scan related to a possible diagnosis of hyperparathyroidism.  There were no results, i.e., nothing lit up in the pictures.  The radiologist wanted to know whether I took medicines that contained iodine or had had previous neck surgery.  My answers were NO to both questions.  My thyroid blood levels are normal, if that makes a difference.  My doctor told me that results like mine are extremely unusual but "not to worry about it."  This is not very reassuring.  What could cause results such as mine?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
2054227 tn?1360523094
This is a patient specific question which I'd direct to your doctor. I don't know nearly enough about your labs or scan to give any good advice
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now