Radiology Expert Forum
breastfed after raiu test help pls
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Radiology Forum! Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics covered in this forum include Breast Imaging, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound and X-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

breastfed after raiu test help pls

hi, i just had a 2 day test of my thyroid, on the first day i was advised not to get near my 2yr old child within 24 hrs after i got oral administration of 50 uCi I-131, prior that i was on 2hrs fasting. on second day i had the thyroid scan.  before i left the nuclear department i ask the medical technologist if i am able to go near my daughter and can breastfeed and he said yes. by the time i got home, after 2hrs i breastfed my baby but she was not able to consume both of my breast milk, at that point i had doubt and called the medical technologist to double check if i can really breastfeed my baby already but to my surprise he said after 3 days!... what could possibly happen to my child then?? what must i do about it?/ ..please help
Tags: breastfed after raiut, Radiology, raui test, Thyroid scan, scan
2054227_tn?1360523094
Best thing is to ask the nuclear medicine doctor. Just give them a call.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
233488_tn?1310696703