breastfed after raiu test help pls
hi, i just had a 2 day test of my thyroid, on the first day i was advised not to get near my 2yr old child within 24 hrs after i got oral administration of 50 uCi I-131, prior that i was on 2hrs fasting. on second day i had the thyroid scan.  before i left the nuclear department i ask the medical technologist if i am able to go near my daughter and can breastfeed and he said yes. by the time i got home, after 2hrs i breastfed my baby but she was not able to consume both of my breast milk, at that point i had doubt and called the medical technologist to double check if i can really breastfeed my baby already but to my surprise he said after 3 days!... what could possibly happen to my child then?? what must i do about it?/ ..please help
Best thing is to ask the nuclear medicine doctor. Just give them a call.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.