Radiology Expert Forum
residual fibrosis in the lungs
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Radiology Forum! Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics covered in this forum include Breast Imaging, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound and X-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
residual fibrosis in the lungs
Hi! When I had my chest x-ray APL view just this month it was found out that i had a residual fibrosis in the upper right of my lungs.  I am planning to go out of the country to work abroad but I can't anymore because of this condition.  How can this be remedied or is this a fatal condition?  I also noticed that when i joined running competitions like Fun Run I can only run straight 1K and i have to stop every now and then for me to finish the 3K run.  I can also feel pain in my back.  What should I do about this?  I feel so depress lately because all my life I have tried to practice a healthy lifestyle and i never smoke.  Please advise me on what to do.  Will this fibrosis spread to other parts of my lungs?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1264141_tn?1283882938
Based on your description of the chest x-ray, the pattern of fibrosis may be localized to the lung - this can certainly spread but usually stays stable given this pattern.  It may be helpful to ask your doctor to see if it has been stable for a long period of time.  It is unlikely this will spread if the finding has been stable for already years.  best wishes,
GC
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now