Radiology Expert Forum
residual fibrosis in the lungs

Welcome to the Radiology Forum! Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics covered in this forum include Breast Imaging, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound and X-rays.

residual fibrosis in the lungs
Hi! When I had my chest x-ray APL view just this month it was found out that i had a residual fibrosis in the upper right of my lungs.  I am planning to go out of the country to work abroad but I can't anymore because of this condition.  How can this be remedied or is this a fatal condition?  I also noticed that when i joined running competitions like Fun Run I can only run straight 1K and i have to stop every now and then for me to finish the 3K run.  I can also feel pain in my back.  What should I do about this?  I feel so depress lately because all my life I have tried to practice a healthy lifestyle and i never smoke.  Please advise me on what to do.  Will this fibrosis spread to other parts of my lungs?
Based on your description of the chest x-ray, the pattern of fibrosis may be localized to the lung - this can certainly spread but usually stays stable given this pattern.  It may be helpful to ask your doctor to see if it has been stable for a long period of time.  It is unlikely this will spread if the finding has been stable for already years.  best wishes,
GC