Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Community
Spondylitis....RA....seronegative

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a form of arthritis that causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of function in your joints. It can affect any joint but is common in the wrist and fingers. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Spondylitis....RA....seronegative

Hi, I am a 31 year old male. I have been having some issues for 3 years or so. It began with pain in the SI join and up to the lower lumbar. I was diagnosed as having multiple slipped discs. The Radiologist stated that I had sever stenosis of the spinal canal for someone of my age, yet both neuros said not enough for surgery and one mentioned possible AS. I did two rounds of physical therapy,multiple epidurals,and to no ado....the little relief from my back increased the pain in my hip. I was found to have a labrum tear and a complete labrum disconnection and advanced arthropathy and dysplasia. I had surgery in december of this past year for the hip. After trouble healing from the resurfacing and reshaping my back began t hurt again. This time in the hip, lumbar, and thoracc region. I was told I had multiple levels of degenerative disc upper lipping vertebrae etc..... my cervical region had multiple leverls or cerevoarthritis I believe was the term. I have been told m other hip will need surgey.
I had been to a rheumatologist and he focused purely on my hands as the thought by my pcp was ra. After a no from that and a negativa ra factor and esr sed rate my pcp said fibromyalgia.....I said no....I work in the field as does my whole family,all whom agreed.

I recently saw a new rheumatologist upon multiple friend physicians recommendations,one very thorough. He said possibly seronegative ra or as,mind you I did show negative for hla b27. He has now ordered test for b7, b22, and a few others.
The odd thing is my esr sed never shows much of an elevation,even when physicians have said there Is clear and physical evidence of a great deal of inflamattion and arthritis. Having been diagnosed with advanced oa of the hip and sacrum at 30 does not seem right to me or any physicians except thos who diagnosed it,no longer my pcp.

I have had multiple flare ups as of recent  where trigger points and a great deal of myofascial and polyarthropathies.

If I show up negtive for the other genetic markers what do I do,what avenue do I take. I have begun experening shoulder and wrist pain and I feel like my body is degenrating on me rapidly.

My mother,grandmother, maternal aunt, paternal aunt all have been diagnoses with RA. I have
Hi there. It isn't unusual at ALL for blood test results to show nothing, or completely contradict physical evidence. I my self have been in a full-body flare and my bloods come back normal.

I also have a family history of RA - grandmother and two uncles on my mother's side. One uncle diagnosed as a child, the other in adulthood. My mother never had it though recently she has had some finger and toe swelling that's suspicious - she's 79. I as diagnosed at 5.

Medhelp is a great place! However I might recommend you contact a man named Seth Ginsberg who owns another site called creakyjoints. He also has AS and I'm sure he'd be happy to chat with you.