Rheumatoid Arthritis Expert Forum
Rheumatic Disease or Thyroid Disorder
About This Forum:

This Rheumatoid Arthritis forum is for questions and information regarding Rheumatoid Arthritis. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Rheumatic Disease or Thyroid Disorder

Hi,
I am a 27 yr old female (110-115 lbs) who was diagnosed with high blood pressure and tachycardia at the age of 23.  I took 25mg of a beta blocker and 2mg. of an ace inhibitor daily.  After going to another GP, he took me off of the Beta Blocker.  Back in 2005 I was diagnosed with a case of iritis in one eye that later returned in my other eye. At the time my ophthalmologist thought I might have a rheumatic disease and tested me for the HLA-B27 gene which came back negative. I also saw a rheumatologist for a while and was diagnosed with sacroiliitis (due to an old injury when I was 16).  I began experiencing rapid heart beats and flutters again, along with night sweats, hot flashes, yet also cold hands and feet, frequent loose bowel movements, brain fog and memory problems, mild anxiety attacks, severely dry skin (esp. around my face and scalp), and an ultrasound revealed 2 nodules on my lower left lobe.  My thyroid levels are in they HIGH end of the  "normal" range.  I eat all of the time but don't gain any weight, or if i do it's only 5 lbs and i lose it quickly.  After eating however my abdomen expands to the point that I appear a couple of months pregnant.  After a few hrs though, it goes down.  Every now and then I will also get insomnia, but it too goes and comes with the other symptoms.  I go to an Endo. next month and will ask to chek for antibodies to rule out autoimmune thyroid disease, but my GP said I could still possibly have a rheumatic disease with these symptoms as well.  The other symptoms come and go (I seem to get flare ups), but the fatigue and dry skin are constant.  Could something else be wrong besides autoimmune thyroid disease?