Stroke Community
Advice on brain MRI/MRA report - what type of stroke and prognosis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Advice on brain MRI/MRA report - what type of stroke and prognosis

Hi
I have recently suffered a stroke but recovered most of sensory skills (original symptom had strange numbness in right leg, arm and parts of face. The lesion was in thalamus region. MRI conducted after 14 days of incdent is below:
(my question is is this a lacunar stroke? is this a major or minor stroke? Any advice on recovery and lifespan? I am 43 male )

There is a small approximately 7.2X4.9mm rounded focus of high T2 signal in the anterolateral aspect of left thalamus. Appearances could represent subacute ischaemic lesion. No corresponding restricted diffusion or reduction in the ADC map was noted. When was the onset of clinical symptoms? Please note that an ADC map could show pseudonormalisation after 2 weeks. Are the symptoms more than 2 weeks old?
No other significant cranial findings. No disease is noted involving the carotid artery bifurcations bilaterally. Visualised vertebral arteries are normal in appearance.
Impression:
Small rounded high T2 signal lesion in the left thalamus could represent a subacute ischaemic lesion

Tags: MRI, prognosis
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...