Stroke Community
Burning pain after stroke

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Burning pain after stroke

I am 28. I had a stroke 2 yrs ago. About 6 months after the stroke i started having burning pain throughout my body, like a toothache or my blood was on fire. Does anyone here have similiar symptoms. I know pain is usually on one side, but mine is all over. I've been to many doctors, and I have yet to get a diagnosis.
  Hello dear,
There is a condition of post stroke burning pain associated with a stroke in the part of the brain called the thalamus. The stroke itself consists of one side of the body becoming numb. Later on, symptoms of burning pain occur in the region of numbness. However,  burning sensations  all over do not fit with any particular stroke syndrome.   Vitamin B  deficiency could also be possibly related to.  Also, they could just be a painful peripheral neuropathy due to a multitude of diseases such as diabetes which can be evaluated with EMG. As for treatment, there is no known cure but you could try neurontin, elavil, or tegretol. Good luck.