Stroke Community
Does even small old strokes show up on MRI
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does even small old strokes show up on MRI

Hi,

I was 29 years old when i had a sudden jerk of neck ( backwards ) with a momentary loss of vision in both eyes.

I did not have any symptom after that but 2 days after that i was stuttering while speaking ( only sometimes and was not even noticed by my family ) . I had a usual check up with my Asthma doctor on that day and he found my BP to be 160/100 and we did normal blood work and ECG which came normal. I had no symptoms after this except my bowel movements had increased to 7-8 per day but I had digestion issues before this incident as well so I did not think much.

2.5 years after this incident ( about 6 months back ) , I had slurred speech only once . diffculty swallowing abt 3-4 times and was not framing sentences correctly , then depression started. We did an MRI but it came back clear.
One of the neurologists said it is B12 deficiency. After taking B12 tablets my mental clarity improved.
We had not tested the B12 level before starting the tablets but after taking the tablets for 3 weeks ( Methylcobalmin - 1500 mcg ) i did a test and it came as 305 pmol/l.

One of the neurologists said it was anxiety + depression. Currently my depression is responding well to medicine and the pshychiatrist has reduced the dose to half. Currently I have no symptoms.

My questions -

1. Do all small and old strokes show up on mri ( 3T with DWI /T1/T2/Flair)
2. Was this a B12 deficiency or Anxiety/ depression can start with slurry speech / difficulty swallowing

Thanks
Shah
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank