Stroke Community
Headaches and tingling sensations in hands and feet associated with st...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Headaches and tingling sensations in hands and feet associated with strokes

My father had a stroke about a year ago.  Since his stroke he does have bad short term memory along with loss of vision in the upper right quadrant of each eye.  He has learned to compensate with these effects, however since his stroke he get numbness and tingling in both hands and feet.  He also experiences this tingling in his head along with headaches.  Lately his headaches have become more frequent and now they are putting him in bed.  I am just curious to see if this numbness and tingling accompanied by bad headaches are an effect from his stroke a year ago.  Thank you!
i beleive yes they are.  i had a stroke last year in feb. and i am 25 years old. i also have these tingling senssations and frequent headaches, i think its the nerves tring to come back.  the headaches are terrible but that might be a side effect.  i feel horrible that you and your father have to go through this.  when i get those tingly feelings in my arm and leg i just try and move them around as much as possible, it will go away in a couple of minutes.  when the headaches come along i usually take tylenol or if i dont feel like popping more pills another way to ease the pain is breathing deep breaths and trying to relax every muscle in your body, a heating pad also helps.  i know this is very stressful for your father, but you both will get through this, you came this far!