Stroke Community
Lacunar Infarcts in C.T. and MRI Scan
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lacunar Infarcts in C.T. and MRI Scan

My mother is 48 yrs old, she suffered a stroke 1.5 months back and her left limbs are not working.She has a history of high blood pressure.

Findings of C.T. Scan
==================
It reveals multiple small patchy hypodense lesions seen in the bilateral ganglio-thalamic, internal capsule and periventricular centrum semiovale region ? Lacunar infarcts.Few of the lesions are elongated perpendicular to the ventricles in the periventricular region suggesting possibility of demyelinating plaques of multiple sclerosis.
Rest is normal.

Findings of MRI Scan
==================
It reveals a nodular focus of restricted DiFFUSION in the right centrum semiovale, suggestive of acute infarct. Multiple chronic ischemic/gliotic foci are seen diffusely scatteres in the supratentorial white matter, bilateral ganglio thalamic region and right hemipons with peripheral gliosis appearing hyperintense on T2 weighted and FLAIR images and hypointense on T1 weighted images.
Rest is normal.

Doctor prescribed following medicines:
=============================
Morning = Ramihart(Ramipril 5mg ), Liofen(Baclofen 10 mg)
Morning after breakfast == Amlokind(Amlodipine 5 mg Atenolol 50mg), Nootropil(1/2 Piracetam 800mg)
Afternoon after Lunch === Liofen(Baclofen 10 mg)
Evening after snacks === Ramihart(Ramipril 5mg ), Liofen(Baclofen 10 mg), Nootropil(1/2 Piracetam 800mg)
After Dinner === Lipikind(Atrovastatin 10 mg), Rexipra(Escitalopram 10 mg), PREVA(ASPIRIN150mg +CLOPIDOGREL75mg)

Average blood pressure
===================
160/110mmHg

Pulse rate
=========
45 -60

I'll highly appreciate if anyone can tell me how serious is this lacunar infarct and what are the treatment options available?
Are medicines prescribed adequate as they create dizziness after evening and little pain in stomach at night.
When Amlokind(Amlodipine 5 mg Atenolol 50mg) was used , pulse rate went to 45 level. Is there any alternative to this medicine?