Stroke Community
Multiple Stroke Sufferer
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Multiple Stroke Sufferer

My 51 year old brother suffered multiple strokes a few days ago. The neurologist explained that from the CT scan danage can be seen in the cerebellum, thalamus, and the ocipital lobe. He has been heavily sedated and on a breathing machine. Yesterday he did repsond to a few verbal commands from his nurse but he still has not woken up for more than a second or two. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with storkes in these areas of the brain and how long it took for the patient to awaken? Also tomorrow they want to put a trach and a feeding tube into my brother because he was a heavy smoker and he cannot maintain a high enough oxygen level, and he cannot swallow at this point does anyone have opinons on whther or not these are the right moves?