Regression in stroke recovery
My 83 y/o grandmother suffered a stroke a few days ago.  She is extremely vital and active. She still worked, kept a  house, travelled and had a better social life than me.  She improved in the first days.  She recognized us, said a few words, was able to use the weak side, and she even walked yesterday morning.  I am really upset this morning though, because last night she seemed to have regressed.  In the afternoon she wasn't as engaged or focused.  She seemed agitated and confused.  She wasn't as present with us.  My question is, is this to be expected?  Do stroke victims have some regression?  Everyone was feeling so hopeful about her progress, but now we are so scared again.

Thank you

Sorry to hear about your grandmother's stroke :(

Please remember that it is very early days for, there will be good days & bad days.  Please make sure she gets adequate rest, which is a lot.  This will hopefully help to reduce the bad days.  Remember her brain has been damaged & needs times to heal & it does this when we rest.

HTH

Sue