Stroke Community
Regression in stroke recovery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Regression in stroke recovery

My 83 y/o grandmother suffered a stroke a few days ago.  She is extremely vital and active. She still worked, kept a  house, travelled and had a better social life than me.  She improved in the first days.  She recognized us, said a few words, was able to use the weak side, and she even walked yesterday morning.  I am really upset this morning though, because last night she seemed to have regressed.  In the afternoon she wasn't as engaged or focused.  She seemed agitated and confused.  She wasn't as present with us.  My question is, is this to be expected?  Do stroke victims have some regression?  Everyone was feeling so hopeful about her progress, but now we are so scared again.

Thank you