Stroke? Headaches
I am a disabled Emergency Room RN...I know the symptoms of a stroke.  I am puzzled with my own symptoms of late -- not sure if they are stroke-like.  I have been having headaches for about one week that come out of nowhere.  They absolutely make me sick "nauseated" and feel like pressure in my right to back of my head, sometimes pressure in my right ear.  I have tried Tylenol PM, Ibuprofen and neither seem to help much.  Allergies in this area are horrible right now, mine are not obvious to me, if that is what it is.  I am having tennitis and have had a previous head injury with subsequent "complex partial seizure disorder" & tennitis, which has not bothered me in years and I do not take any medicine for.  For that matter, I do not take any medications at all routinely.

The headaches come out of nowhere, make me horribly sick (have not vomited yet)  and may go away without any intervention.  They may come during the day, at night; driving or resting; on computer or just cooking, etc.  No rhy/reason to them.  They just seem to be a very severe headache, unlike any i have ever had.

Strangely, my granddaughter, 9 yo, had a sinus infection last week and c/o the very same kind of headaches.  Hers came on suddenly and she has actually vomited with hers.  She has been staying with me while her mother has been hospitalized (non-related medical issue).  Neither of us have had any fever, so doubtful it's any kind of meningitis... I am total perplexed about these weird ha's.  Maybe viral illness.  Nobody else in our extended family has c/o of these headaches.

Could these be signs of cerebral vascular problem?  I do not want to go to an ER, as I am positive that they will go away before I get treated.  I am wondering if I should go ahead and have these seen about or just wait and see if they do not resolve in a week or so?

Can you advise?
Hi there

I would suggest a visit to your doctor.  Hopefully not stroke related & they are much better placed to evaluate you rather than a group of non medicos on the internet.

HTH

Sue