Stroke Community
Transient Ischemic Attack???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Transient Ischemic Attack???

The last two weeks I have had a small circular aura like thing in my right eye. It comes and goes but is recurring more and more frequently as days pass. It lasts for 5 to 15 seconds. This night I awoke with my right arm completely paralyzed. I could not feel it. I know how a limb that has fallen asleep feels like and this felt different. After about a minute it went away for about 30 secinds then came back and subsided after another 30 seconds. I immediately went to the emergency room, i dont have a family dr, and they told me it is nearly impossible for me to get one. All they did was med history and sent me home to see an eye doctor. They say im too young. Im 32. Of course it isnt because im young that it cant happen the literature shows that. I did not recognize any eye aura thing while my right arm went numb. But it was dead weight? Is it possible i had a tia? Does this mean im gonna have a stroke in the next few days?
You should be worked up fully for a TIA just in case, but at your age, you are most likely suffering from migraines.   Complicated migraines can present with auras as well as neurological symptoms such as numbness and weakness.   These should be followed up by a neurologist specializing in headaches, etc.  and you may need to take preventative measures to avoid these in the future.