leg pain after stroke
My wife had a hemhorragic stroke eight years ago. It paralyzed her right side. Now, at night, she suffers severe leg pain in the affected leg. I treat her with narcotics, but it persists and gets slowly worse. She doesn't seem to have any pain during the day. I'm wondering if being prone has something to do with it. Blood pooling, maybe, or at least poor circulation. None of the Drs that have examined her can say what the problem is or what can be done about it.
Certain strokes sometimes result in pain.  But it sounds like this pain is not stroke-related and is positional.   I would make sure she does not have a pinched nerve somewhere in her back - like a sciatica.   Narcotics are not great for any type of neurologic pain - an anti-inflammatory (strong types) and neuropathic (Lyrica, Neurontin, etc.) are often better but you need to talk to a neurologist prior to trying those yourself.