Mitral Valve Success
I was diagnosed with MVP [Mitral Valve Prolapse] with severe regurgitation.  I had no previous heart problems except for unexplained chest pains from time to time.  I was fortunate enough to be referred to the Cleveland Clinic through Med Help’s Heart Forum and had Dr. Cosgrove do my surgery.  During the process of looking for information on MVP, I came upon MedHelp.  I cannot begin to describe what a lifeline it was for me.  I had 4 months in-between diagnosis and surgery.  I was able to post some questions for the doctors and received wonderful advice.  I supposed the best thing I love about MedHelp (other than the doctors, are the absolutely wonderful people who reach out to you).

After posting my first question, I met at least 3 or 4 people who took the time to explain all the procedures and answered my questions from a patient's point of view.  So I had the best of both worlds thanks to MedHelp.  Since my surgery I have made it a point to try and contact people who are going through the same.  I want to try and repay what others have done for me.   I am blessed to live in Ohio, but largely due to my strong suggestions that people come to the Cleveland Clinic for their surgery, I have had two friends come from Nevada and California for MVP repair.  I had the privilege of going to visit one of them.

MedHelp is absolutely invaluable to anyone who has a heart problem or a problem that fits any other of the categories.  I've even posted questions in the Neurology Forum for unrelated problems - what a fine & caring doctor there is that answers those questions!

I thank all of your for this free service to the public and those that have so many needs and need qualified help.  My only regret is that we can no longer post our many questions.  I pray someday soon, we will be able to post more than one.  Thank you for your time.