Teen Health Community
A cut and white bump on end of nipple?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

A cut and white bump on end of nipple?

A couple of days ago, my boyfriend bit me a little too hard on the nipple while we were playing, and I got two cuts on my nipple: One small one on the areola and one even smaller one on the tip of my nipple.  I thought they were both healing fine - they barely bled at all, and then scabbed over, so I thought they would heal.  But when I got out of the shower today, I realized that the one on the tip of my nipple looks like it has opened up a little and there is a white bump about the size of the head of a pin.  I don't think it hurts - I think it is just the cut that kind of stings.  But I am freaking out!  I have had an infection from a cut on my breast before, and I do NOT want to deal with it again!!  Is a white bump in / on a cut normal?  Is there a certain kind of cream or antibiotic I can use?  Is it infected?  I don't have a lot of money or time to make doctor appointments, so I'd rather not if it's not completely necessary - but obviously my health comes first.  PLEASE HELP!
Hi!

If there is a cut and there is a white mass, then it can either be a scab or a boil (abscess). The only problem with breast infection is that it can become deep without your knowledge. So yes, you can buy an over the counter antibiotic cream and apply. However, if the white part does not heal or you notice redness on the skin or feel pain and discomfort, then please see a doctor immediately.

If you have had breast infection before, and have a family history of diabetes, then do get a fasting and two hour after meal blood sugar check done. Diabetes too can cause repeated infections. Take care!