Teen Health Community
Birth control question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Birth control question

Hello!

I have a few probably stupid questions for you guys. I did something stupid on my part and I'm hoping someone could help me out with some of my concerns.

This month was my first month on birth control. I forgot to take a pill on August 23rd. (Took it out at work, set it down because a customer walked up and never thought about it again) I called my pharmacist and she told me to just continue taking the pills as normal, not to take the missed one or anything like that. I have taken them as normal since. Thurs August 30th was my last pill before I'm supposed to get my period. I had unprotected sex today, August 31st. So my stupid question is.. What are the chances of pregnancy? If I get my period in the next few days, does that mean I'm clear or should I still be worrying?

I don't know if this matters but I have been spotting for the past week or so.

Again, I'm terribly sorry for my stupidity. I'm new to all of this and have tons of questions about everything.

Thank you for your time and help.
Hi!
If you were at the end of your cycle, then yes, your chances of pregnancy are almost nil. However, for future: If you miss a pill and remember within 24 hours, then take the missed pill when you remember and that days pill as you usually take. So you may end up taking 2 pills on a particular day. This way you will not lose the protective action of the pill. Take care!