Teen Health Community
Breast Lumps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Breast Lumps

I am 15 and have had oval shaped breast lumps about 2-3 inches wide for multiple years upon discovery I went and saw three doctors received multiple breast exams and an ultrasound, I came up clean and was told not to worry.  I am in constant worry about them and want to know if I have  Fibroadenomas or maybe fibrocystic breasts, Whenever I search the internet I find that my symptoms resemble both diseases but I don't know if it is normal to have breast lumps of this size that never go away or change. Except with occasional shrinking nearing my period. They have a rugged texture, feel rubbery and can be easily lifted or moved around within the extent of the flexibility of the breast.  I am going to ask my mom to take me to a doctor again very soon to give me hopefully more peace at mind, what are some important tests I should put first to guarantee a good diagnosis? and do my symptoms sound as though I should be worried about breast cancer?

Hi!
Yes, it is scary to find a lump in your breast. However all lumps are not cancer. If the mammogram and ultrasound were not indicative of cancer, chances of it being cancer are very less. Breast lumps with pain can be due to fibrocystic disease of the breast. The pain comes and goes with the different stages of the menstrual cycle. It responds to drugs like Danazol. It can also be fibroadenoma of breast which is a benign condition. Injury to breast can also cause contusion or blood collection. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. I assume by ultrasound you mean mammography. If you have  a family history of breast cancer then you must get one done. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.