Chest pains and numbness on left side
I am a 17 year old female, and up to the past few months have been pretty heath other than suffering with depression. When i was in 9th grade i noticed my heart would skip one or two beats then beat normally again. i went to my doctor and he said it was normal for teenage girls as long as it didnt last longer than a few seconds. They had stopped up until this year. Now its more then a few beats and last longer than a few minutes and it is also accompanied by severe chest pain and sometimes numbness in my left side. The chest pains are on my left side at and around my breast and feels very sharp and icy. When i start having these "attacks" i get very weak and lightheaded. They have started happening more and more. Also there is a history of heart disease on my dads side of my family.
Hi!
I can understand your apprehensions since your father has heart disease. There is no harm in getting a 12 lead EKG done to see if there are any rhythm abnormalities and angina. If this is normal, you could be suffering from a bad gastric reflux since childhood. Take Omeprazole empty stomach in morning and an antacid gel at bedtime. Refrain from smoking, alcohol, fuzzy drinks and spicy food. Eat on time. See if this helps you or not. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!