Teen Health Community
Growth at 16
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Growth at 16

My 16 year old son is only 62 inches, and he definitely had early early puberty. He has been shaving his face for over 2 years. Is there anything we can do to help him grow taller? We are getting his bone age test done tomorrow but I am dreading the results and am so worried about him. If the plates are fused is there anything that can be done to help him grow a few inches. I always thought boys grew till they were 21 so I was shocked to hear from his doctor that he might be done growing. He did not gain any height last year. Thank you.
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
I can understand your concerns since he is 62 inches. However, if the growth plates have fused then there is nothing much which can be done to increase the height by few inches. In this case he could only do some stretches to gain a cm or two. However, if the growth plates have not fused, then the doctor may go for hormonal assessment of growth hormone, thyroid and testosterone and then assess whether he needs hormone replacement to grow or he will grow on his own. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Teen Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...