Teen Health Community
I'm obsessed with picking my pimples...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

I'm obsessed with picking my pimples...

I have this serious problem. The pimples themselves aren't even the problem, the problem is me. I'm only 16, and yes teenagers are prone to pimples and breakouts, but I have this unhealthy addiction to picking and sqeezing them. And that is the number one rule on what "not" to do to maintain clear skin. It's gross I know, but I have this wierd satisfaction when i do it, and I NEED to do it almost every day. Any little blackhead or pimple visible, and the problem is...it just makes my face completely inflamed, scarred and it just multiplies the problem. I hate it sooooo very much, I hate looking at myself in the mirror how much it makes me self conscious, but it's gotten to the point where i can't control myself, and I would do anything in the world to stop, if I could overpower this awful addiction. Pleaseee Help.
Chill..I like popping pimples too, even though I'm not suppose to. Are you bored? Try doing something else. Anything. Make art, dance, move, anything to keep you busy from picking. It takes about 14 day to create a new habit. (fact) so after 2 weeks or so of not doing it you just won't. It may take longer tho. Sometimes habits take longer. Just hang in and before you know it you wont even be picking anymore.