Teen Health Community
I'm obsessed with picking my pimples...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I'm obsessed with picking my pimples...

I have this serious problem. The pimples themselves aren't even the problem, the problem is me. I'm only 16, and yes teenagers are prone to pimples and breakouts, but I have this unhealthy addiction to picking and sqeezing them. And that is the number one rule on what "not" to do to maintain clear skin. It's gross I know, but I have this wierd satisfaction when i do it, and I NEED to do it almost every day. Any little blackhead or pimple visible, and the problem is...it just makes my face completely inflamed, scarred and it just multiplies the problem. I hate it sooooo very much, I hate looking at myself in the mirror how much it makes me self conscious, but it's gotten to the point where i can't control myself, and I would do anything in the world to stop, if I could overpower this awful addiction. Pleaseee Help.