Teen Health Community
Lower leg pain/ throat pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Lower leg pain/ throat pain

I doubt this is due to a sports injury but it's kind of where things started, maybe and this is due to a lack of knowing what to title it under.

Here's some background information which I have no clue is elated or not....Back in February I did something to my ankle area, on the left leg, and was in a cast for 1 week. 6 years before that I tore ligaments in the same area. I never went back to the doctor after removing the cast, which I should of, but I wasn't happy with the way things are treated. [living out of the contry and they tend to throw everything in a cast, no kidding]. Twice since then I've "twisted" my ankle area and have always needed a brace to play sprorts, and since then pain just gets worse when I'm using it. Walking around campus suck, as I feel a lot of discomfort and pain in the back region of my ankle.

Skip ahead to september. Things are the usual except now the pain seems to have moved up to my lower leg, about a hand above my ankle bone, and the area is in line with the bone. I hurts when I walk a lot, I don't notice the pain till after sports are done which seems fitting as I block out the pain when I'm kept occupied. It started hurting to touch and now less and less pressure is needed for a pain reaction. After a while it got to the point where it hurts randomly. Sitting, lying down probably most of the time unless I'm kept occupied and block it out. Sometimes it's dull and a lot of times it's a sharp pulsing pain which actually makes me whinse deeply. What worries me a lot now is it's gone to my other leg, same area and it's not as bad, but it seems to be increasing in the same way as my left leg.

I don't know how to go about this. I'm scared to see a doctor, because I have to go on my own and I don't know what to say, and just other bad experiences.
Go to a doctor, one in the city if possible that way you avoid the "put a cast on it" medicine you say you have always recieved.

I think it's related to the injuries before (at least the pain that's in that leg) often ligaments don't heal properly, and if you're as active as you say you are the impact of running, jumping etc would definately strain it.

Now that it's in both legs that leads me to think either it's pyschological ie imagination which is not uncommon for people like when women want to get pregnant really badly often they end up with physical symptoms of pregnancy because they hope for it so much.  

Or two there is something else going on.  Something related to the impact on the joints when you play sports or something as serious as blood clots (not saying that's what it is but you just don't know).

So do go to a doctor - and explain everything, all the details and how often the pain occurs, keep a diary of when the pain happens (ie date and time) and see if there is a pattern to the sharp pains (like right after playing sports).  But do go to a doctor.  It could be something simple and fixable and then you wouldn't have to deal with the pain anymore.