Teen Health Community
Weird noise when breathing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Weird noise when breathing

Everytime i take a deep breath there is this unusual sound. Like a squeak or something. When i breathe in it happeneds right before i let the breath out. I have been coughing up alot of mucus and have a very stuffy nose and bad chest cough (it is very loud) I was just wondering what it could be? I'm thinking mucus build up or something, i really dunno? could someone give me a little info on what going on with me
id greatly appreciate it, thank you
-matt  
Wheezing is caused by mucous in the airway. From your symptoms it sounds like you have a cold. The reason for the noise and the cure depend on where it is. It can be in your chest, throat, or even your nose.