Teen Health Community
any help on what to do?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

any help on what to do?

any help on what to do? mnastics for about 5-6years and I had been out of it for about 7 years because my knees , would bother me so much... i just started again its something I love I'm just wondering what's wrong with my knees my doctor told me I was just some tendon pain in my knees the pain i the pain is mainly surrounding the kneecap and sometimes in the back. Can anyone help me? And my parents don't really like the doctors so they tell me to ice m. Knee
Hi!
The location of the knee pain can be a useful guide to the cause of pain. Pain in the front portion of the knee can be caused by bursitis (inflammation of the lining of the joint, possible due to injury while playing), arthritis, or injury to the patella cartilage (front portion of the knee). Pain in the back of the knee can be caused by arthritis or Bakers cysts (cystic accumulation of synovial fluid, also causes a swelling). Ligament injury causes pain to worsen on walking, bending and stretching the knee. Meniscii too if torn or injured, result in joint instability—that is you are not confident the knee joint will take your weight. Often the person feels a popping sensation on moving the joint. It can also be tendinitis due to inflammation of tendon at the knee joint. So, it is very important to consult an orthopedic specialist or a sports injury specialist and get this investigated through X-rays and MRIs. Please do not do gymnastics or other exercises involving the knee until this is investigated and treated. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.