Acupuncture
Has anybody used Acupuncture for your thyroid problems and has it helped.
I use accupunture and it has helped.. I feel really good after my session. Hope it helps you too
Good luck!
I have used acupuncture, with wonderful results, mostly muscle related pains, but as for my thyroid disorder, no help.

It didn't help my thyroid issues, unfortunately
I enjoy this question so much :)

I remember years ago when I was healthy and acupuncture would come up in conversation - I would bellow - I  --NEVER  -- WOULD HAVE NEEDLES SHOVED IN ME EVER!!

6 years later I am lying on a table with about 75 of them little buggers stuck in certain parts of my body. :)  What thyroid pain does to a person's thinking and actions :)))))

YES - I had excellent results with acupuncture - I tried it and maintain my visits - just as I was coming out of being so ill and recovering with my meds. The PAINS and choking sensation was why I went along with anxiety issues.

It totally helped balance my anxiety and I believe acupuncture was part of how I got off those meds. It also helped the mucle aches but they would return in a few days until I went again.

The choking stuck around though.

I half to say though - having that done was a wonderful experience for me - I really felt the "balance" happening in both acupuncture and crystal healing treatments when used together. One time a rush of extreme warmth ran through my body. It was the oddest thing to experience - but it felt so incredible. Then it went directly outmy feet like a tornado. One other time I felt an electronic ZAP in my stomach that literally jerked me on the table. Scared the he// out of me - but after it was over - I felt "different" - (took seconds to go away)

The acupuncturist said it was a release of a block of some sort --

I da - know -

it was freeky.
Treatment of Thyroid with Acupunture.

Hi Catie----I am currently using acupuncture and chinese herbs to bust a sizeable follicular neoplasm nodule of questionable FNA result and treat wicked hypo.  To date - I can report very good success.  I feel zillions better; I don't shiver, am not depressed or horribly tired like the 'bad old days', my skin, hair and energy levels are super, and the best bit of all --- I think the nodule is shrinking (it's less noticeable at moment : ) ), but it is early days--3 months, so I won't pop the champies just yet!  I go twice a week for pins and take herbs--tablets and a tea (surprisingly yummy) twice a day.  

The trick is to find a great practioner.  I have had 2 others years ago not so good, so there are quality differences.  My guru teaches at the acupuncture college here in London, and has practiced a long time, so has seen it all. Pls feel free to PM me anytime-- I can give a fuller explanation of what I understand is being treated and why it is working. I do firmly believe 'lifestyle' changes must support this alternative method for best effect.  

It is not a path for everybody, but for me at the moment - it is absolutely working wonders; I simply can't believe the difference in me, which can not be all 'mumbo jumbo hocus pokus' as some people will harshly try to assert, but which I can only smile quietly in response.  If this works, I keep my thyroid, and heal better than when this nightmare all began.  : )
http://www.itmonline.org/arts/thyroid.htm

whoops--tried to hyer link above.  : )
I read that link a while ago.

It is so interesting to me.

Thanks for the link,.
I do it to boost my immune system....always feel good afterward!
Thanks everyone. If someone told me 2 years ago that I would consider acupuncture, I would say they were crazy. I am a skeptic.  But I am researching unconventional/holistic/alternative treatments. I need to feel good again. I feel I need to do something else besides conventional medicine.

However, I've read that patients need to be calm and relaxed during acupuncture treatments. And I don't know if I can do that. When I go to the doctor my insides shake, I am so warn down. I haven't felt good since my PT last year

Another question I have is does anyone know any dangers or long term effects from acupuncture or chinese herbs. I keep telling myself these treatments have been around for hundreds of years. But it is my nature to always look ahead and that is not a good way to be.

4helen, thanks for the link. It was very interesting and informative.

stella, wow that was some experience. It only proves the acupuncture theory.
hi everyone,

i've been 2 days ago at my first acupuncture in order to try to shrink my rather big (but benign, goiterous) thyroid nodule - and it hurt quite a bit...

it wasn't at all what i expected (which is lots of small needles painlessly sticking out of just under my skin)... it was 2 larger needles stuck directly in the nodule, connected with an electric (?) current... i told the lady at the beginning that it hurts, she said that's ok... however, after about 10 minutes i couldn't take it more and called them to take the needles out... i've been unwell after for 12-18 hours, but back to normal since... but one of the needles left a small bruise which is still visible

was wondering if anyone had similar experience? is "2 needles with current"  a different type of acupuncture?
You've attached to a very old thread and none of the previous posters are active on the forum any longer, so it's unlikely you'll get a response.

Your comments would get much more attention if you start your own thread, which you can do by clicking on the orange "Post a Question" button at the top of this page, type your question, then click the green "Post a Comment" question.

You can also access the home page of the thyroid forum via the following link:  http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Thyroid-Disorders/show/73

I've never heard of acupuncture using only 2 needles like that... you might want to research that and find out what it is.
thanks Barb135, posted as a new question
I did research about acupuncture and couldn't find anything helpful about the "2 needle" version in relation to thyroid nodule...