Articles about Hashi, joint pain and rashes
If you have Hashi, and joint pain and rashes, then these articles are helpful. Before I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's, doctors told me I had Shingles. After the 10th episode of 'Shingles' I told the doctors that maybe I had something else.

:) Tamra

http://www.urticaria.thunderworksinc.com/pages/whatis.htm

http://www.thyroidtalk.com/Hashimotosjoint.html
I didn't have a chance to view them Tamra - but they might be a good source to add to Health Pages.
I didn't even realize we had health pages. I tried to copy/paste the links and my browser won't let me. Grrr.

:) Tamra
did you get this on those pages? If not I can try
This time I was able to cut and paste the links on there, but when I hit save, it comes up with the message, "File not found."

Maybe I'm not authorized to create a page.

If you could paste it, I'd appreciate it.

:) T.
Good article!

I wish my GP read this. To this day he doesnt think joint / muscle pain is from being hypo, and of course thinks T4 is all any Hoshi needs.

At least my Endo recognizes muscle pain as a hoshi symptom. It still is wierd that the T3 in dessicated relives 80%-90 of joint and muscle pain in my case. However, after having carple tunnel for 15 years, I do seem to have some permanent hand and wrist damage, I still cant type decent - slight flare up from using keyboards. Wish I knew about dessicated years ago!
Forgot- Years ago I had something that reoccurred above my right hip that looked like shingles (and hurt), but the docs were not 100% convinced what it was.
The muscle pain is worse for me when my D is low. I seem to deplete it on a daily basis. Sunshine is the only thing that helps. My body rejects the D pills. I've tried all forms of D, including the drops. Only sunshine works for me.

Also, now that my thryoid meds are a little higher (still not high enough yet) the muscle pain is a bare minimum.

Docs thought I had Lupus because of the face rash. I now use Mary Kay Creamy Cleanser II to wash my face. It is far more gentle. In fact, I use all Mary Kay for my face. It is the most gentle product I've tried. They have an eye serum for puffiness that does help. No, I don't sell it. That's not why I'm recommending it. LOL.

Also, for the scalp, Nizoral, prescription really works. The generic brand is not as effective.

:) Tamra

I had a D test a while ago, I was fine. Seems like a lot of people need it though.

I was just mentioning the mysterious "shingles" like painful sore I used to get on my upper hip - this was just prior to being dx'd as hoshi. Always and only in that one place too. After throid meds it never came back, fine now. It was weird though and really painful.

Oh -If I was a 'Misses' Moose, Mary Kay would be on my list. As a male (BullwinkeI), I kind of stay away from Mary Kay products, LOL!!

LM
Men are allowed to use moisturizer products. Most don't smell girly. LOL! Hubby's face is getting blotchy, and I plan on giving him the full facial treatment!

I'm glad your rash is gone. My painful Shingles-like rash on the back of my head has never come back. I use Nizoral about once per week. I guess I'll never know if I really did have Shingles due to my weakened Hashi immunity, or if was just a rash caused by these crazy antibodies. It was a strange rash because in the center was a swollen lymph node, almost as big as a golf ball.

:) T.