Thyroid Disorders Community
Colds and Flu

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Colds and Flu

Since having my Thyroid Removed Dec of 2006. This has been my first full cold and flu season since surg. I seem to have had every cold and flu this season. My question is does this have ant thing to do with having my Thyroid removed? Did my immune system change or weaken?
I know that sinus infections are one of the symptoms of hypothyroid.  Have you had your blood tested lately?  If not, you might get it done again.
I had my thyroid removed in May 2006, and last winter/spring/summer I seemed to catch every cold that came my way.  So far so good this winter, I have managed to avoid the awful cold that has been running around my office for the past month or so.  I have heard others on the forum also say they seemed to catch a lot of viruses in the year or so after surgery, but have never seen it confirmed medically.  

Seems awfully coincidental that so many seem to have this same issue.   Maybe this is your bad winter and it will be better next year!
This question is odd to me. I just posted RAI acid question just below. I have yet to really get a cold since the RAI. Almost worrisome to me since I work in education with children. As I stated though constant chest and throat tightness and huge acid.
I also work with children I drive school bus and work in one of the school kitchens. I was just trying to see if anyone felt they got colds more often or not thank you.
Did you have a surgical removal or RAI? I am so frustrated feeling icky. How are you feeling in general?