Levothyroxine vs. Synthroid...
Ok, FINALLY, I got my endo to perscribe Synthroid in place of the Levothyroxine, and take me off of the Cytomel.   Hopefully my temporary (I'd like to think!) "idiocy", will subside... :-0   My question is:  I was on 137mcg Levothyroxine and 25mcg Cytomel.  He perscribed 175 mcg Synthroid, and of course, I am to discontinue the Cytomel.  Are the two meds Levo and Synthroid, similar as far as how much you need?  Or should I anticipate a big difference in how I feel tomorrow and the next few days?  And, I guess I'm wondering if this is going to take weeks to ramp up and just a wild a#@! guess that will need several "tweekings"?  Or are the meds very similar in doseage and it's a pretty on-target guess that won't completely disrupt my life yet once again...?    Anyone done this?  I'd appreciate your experiences.
Thanks!
Well i don't remember the transition from Levo to Levoxyl but i can certainly tell you about transition from Levoxyl to Synthyroid . Last month my doctor change my brand from levoxyl to synthyroid since after week i am having muscles and joint pain which is killing me every day , it is so bad that i can coop up with my daily work and also very dry mouth i think because of that my tongue is white all the time .
Any one also have similar symptoms with synthyroid
Yes I had it the whole time I was on Synthroid. It was tough finding any connection with the tongue side effect and I found no answers with any doctors. I went to GI - MD- ENT_ GP and endos' No one would put any connection together. I have found huge relief from "burning tongue" and the white coating by taking acidophillus. It took about a month - but it is so much better and no dry tongue. As for the thirst - lemon water (not just regualr water) produces more saliva and helps alot.

As for the joint pain/muscles. Yes again, I had/have that also - but I think it has to do with the hypo more so than the type of meds taken. It is a major symptom and many have it regardless of thebrand of thyroid meds taken. Most often, when a doctor has no explaination they will Dx Fibromyalgia as the condition regarding the muscle pain. I chose not to take any meds and work on my pain myself.

Here is what I found personally that does help.

I take fish oil once a day. Omega 6

I "try" to walk once a day to get that stress off my joints and move them. Yoga is really good.

"Message" it really has been working too. I have severe neck pain (back) so it is hard to do it myself - I have to brib my family (all boys) in doing it for me when I really need it though.

I am checking out other options, in fact this Saturday, with a message therapist. I don't know what to expect - but so far what I have done has helped so much I am hoping Saturday will be a good thing too.

So what happened to all the people who lobby hard for Synthroid vs. Levothryoixine?  Yikes!  Now all the bad stuff comes up?
Well I have to add about the aches and pains. I have only been on the Synthroid, 125mcg for 5-6 days and I am really feeling the pain in my neck, arms and my left hip. I had these issues prior to my TT but now I feel the pain even more. when I wake up in the morning, my feet hurt after laying down for so long.

I strongly believe its because of the hypo going on, not meds. I dont even think I am feeling the full effect from the meds as of yet. Just my opinion.
I switched from Levoxyl to Synthroid 8 days ago and I'm feeling TONS better. My dry mouth is subsiding, the white tongue is gone, my teeth finally quit hurting, and I have much more energy. Not sure if it's because my dosage was increased or if it was the change in the meds. If I had to venture a guess though I would say it's the dosage increase. My endo said all those symptoms I was having were probably related to still being somewhat hypo. But, since I bugged him enough he switched me to synthroid in addition to increasing the dose.