Thyroid Disorders Community
Natural thyroid - dessicated

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Natural thyroid - dessicated

I have another question: I haven't read very much on this site about dessicated thyroid.  I have learned from another site that after cellulose was added as a filler, that was when it all went wrong for people who were taking it.  What are your current opinions on this medication and are there any of you who find it a better option?  This is after having RAI so I don't know whether dessicated thyroid would work just the same with no functioning thyroid whatsoever.

Thank you again for your advice and opinions.
Well I have followed the whole MCC ( cellulose) nightmare and yes in that respect you have documented true information on it backfiring.

I take NT and really was hit me like a brick within days after the reform script was in my hands. I went to ERFA thyroid NT and am OK.

Thanks for your comment.  As I'm new to this, can you please tell me what ERFA thyroid NT is please?
The abreviation 'NT'  has two meanings. Short for the US deccicated brand Nature Throid (that IS how its spelled).  Some people just abreviate natural thyroid as NT.

ERFA is a Canadian brand of dessicated natural thyroid med.
thanks LM