Thyroid Disorders Community
Why am I cold?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Why am I cold?

I moved to a warmer climate because I was always cold in the north.  After being down here for a short time, I began feeling cold all the time again.  I had a thyroid test and the doc said everything was normal.  I'm still suffering from being cold to wearing long underwear during the winter months here (average temp 50-70's).  I never feel the need to run the air conditioner during the summer, which is my favorite time of year now.  What else can I do?  My doctor hasn't a clue.

This discussion is related to Why am I Always cold.
Tags: WHY, am I, Cold
"I had a thyroid test and the doc said everything was normal"

Ask for a copy of the lab report. Verbal is not sufficient.

Copy / post results with the RANGES used by the lab. Normal can be a 'gray' area.

"My doctor hasn't a clue" - that's why their paid so well. (hey, wait a minute!)
With my thyroid disease - I still was freezing even in humid 80's... Its not the outside temp that is the issue - it is the basal (inside) body temp.

HAve you researched anything on basal body temps? - That would be really good reading for you.