Thyroid Disorders Community
t3 from Compounding pharmacy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

t3 from Compounding pharmacy

I have holistic doctor who has written a prescription for t3 which I filled. It states on T3 5mcg RF Capsules.  I felt better than I had ever had when I first started Cytomel Over a year ago, but within a couple of months I had a lot big heart jumps (wasn't palpitations). So tried armour, but since I am so sensitive, I couldn't regulate, but I didn't have the heart jumps. Now back on Levoxyl for a little over 3 months, depression is back, arm pain (fairly intense at times for the last 2 months which I wrote a separate post). I am a little nervous about taking these pills from compounding pharmacy. Can anyone offer many any insight as to what exactly this is? Taken it? Had any successes or nightmares? Any info would be helpful in deciding whether to pursue this. Current Endo doesn't believe in T3! Imagine that! I hadn't been able to afford to go back to the one who prescribed Armour and Cytomel, but have made arrangements to see him in late december. I am going to take bottle with me then and see what he says. I am tired and frustrated! I am sure none of you can relate!! :)))
I don't have too much experience with this, since I am just on a T4 and let me body do the converting.
You stated that your holistic doc prescribed Cytomel, which is not a natural T3, but a manufactured synthetic? What were the reasons for the t3 supplement if you don't mind me asking? I know that the Armour can be difficult to get regulated since it is not and exact science with the dissected hormone.

You also stated that you would like to go back to the doc who prescibed Armour and Cytomel. Now, if thats the case, you might have been getting too much T3, which could give you the heart jumps in a big way. Armour should have its own ratio of T4/T3. I would doubt you need to supplement that with Cytomel (T3 synthetic) also?

As far as the aching, I am not on T3, but have Hashi's and am Hypo. My legs, back and chest ache quite a bit. I am hoping after my levels are dialed in, this will go away. These are all symptoms of being Hypo. It can take a Loooong time to get regulated, so try to be patient and stick with what you think feels right. Keep me in the loop, as I would love to hear more.

Fuel
I do not quite understand "why" just T3 is being given to you.

99% of compounded T3 is a time "extended" release hormone. Usually in natural desiccated it is short-lived active natural T3 so multi dosing is best to keep the direct T3 stable daily.

With compound release T3 the product ( hormone) is distrubuted slower and able to stay in the system for about 12 hrs.

Being medicated with just a T3 medicine usually goes hand in hand with a reverse T3 blockage. Does your doctor who prescribe the compound T3 think you had a reverse T3 issue?
Sorry Stella, didn't mean to confuse. I do take levoxyl 125, but just reduced to 112. My latest endo(he's out now!) doesn't believe in t3 which led me back to the holistic doctor who was willing to give me t3 from compounding pharmacy to supplement with my T4, but I had never taken it.

I had horrible heart side effects from Cytomel. Armour was really hard for me to dose and the doctor I had who prescribed it, clearly didn't know how to do it. But on a good note willing to try! So I am going back to him.

So my question was literally just about the experience or saftey of using a t3 from compounding pharmacy.
Sorry confused everyone. And just hit enter too soon and posted before I cleared up. Armour and Cytomel came from Endo not holistic doctor.  Thanks for everyones posts