Trigeminal Neuralgia Community
I have Trigeminal Neuralgia and I am in pain how do I exercise when I a...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to trigeminal neuralgia.

I have Trigeminal Neuralgia and I am in pain how do I exercise when I am in pain?

Do I excercise(walk) on my better days and if I can is it adviseable? I heard to take it easy with excercise.  My joints feel funny I notice I am weak this came after taking Gabapintin, which weakness is a side affect or could this be because I have been in pain for 9 weeks and pain takes a lot of energy out of you?
I continued to exercise when I was dealing with TN and the medications. I had to modify some of my exercises if the drugs were making me dizzy. Listen to your body and do what feels right to you. Be aware that the drugs are powerful, so don't do anything risky.

Some fellow TN patients have mentioned that exercise made them feel better because of the endorphins.

When in doubt talk to your doctor