Urogynecology Expert Forum
Can an inverted uterus cause IC?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can an inverted uterus cause IC?

I am a 28-year-old single mother of 2 children. I was diagnosed with IC in February after two years of urinary frequency (every 10 minutes).

I am wondering whether my inverted uterus could be a factor in my illness.

The reason I think this may be the case is because my symptoms started soon after I began exercises to tone my lower abdominal muscles.

When I first saw a urologist, he looked inside my bladder and mentioned that my uterus was poking it. He also commented that many women he sees have this condition. I have mentioned this to the doctor I am seeing now, but she just dismissed it as a possible cause without even seeing to what degree my bladder is being "poked."

Please help. I am desperate to find the cause of my IC so that maybe I can live a normal life.

Thank you.