Urogynecology Expert Forum
Can't hold an erection?

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Can't hold an erection?

So today for the first time my girlfriend and I decided to have sex. It was my first time ever so i was a little nervous. Everything went great until came to actually having sex. Foreplay was fun and the oral was good to. While stimulated i slipped the condom on but as i turned towards my partner, my erection started to go away. I tried to insert it but it was just too flacid. It was really emberassing but she understood so we tried again. She was able to give me another erection so i put on  another condom but again shortly after i lost it. I hoped the third time would be the charm but yet again, my penis failed me. I was highly embarssed but my girlfriend said not to worry about it. I could tell she was disspointed. Eventually i finished with my hand. We layed in bed for a while just cuddling and my penis was fully erect the enitre time. So whats wrong with me? Im 16 and a pretty healthy teenager. Im active, i wrestle and weight lift. When i masterbate, i never have this problem.I just dont want my parents to find out because i think my mom would have a heart attack.  I have a check up in a month with my peditrican, should i bring it up with him? Does anyone know what the problem could be? Is it the condom? Thank you in advance.
Please refer your question to the Urology Forum.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD