Urogynecology Expert Forum
Hypermobile urethra, urine leakage

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Hypermobile urethra, urine leakage
In the setting of genuine stress incontinence which I'm going to have surgery of midurethral sling for a hypermobile urethra, is it possible for there to be a leakage of urine from the urethra anytime and not always with abdominal pressure, like it just seeps out?  I've had a discharge which, according the stains on undergarment, is right at the area of the urethra, not the vagina and feels as if a bubble popped. Thank you.
Please be sure to have bladder testing before you have the surgery. This can help demonstrate exactly what tyoe of leakage is happening. It may also duplicate the problem you are describing, permitting a correct diagnosis.

Yes, some women can have unsensed leakage of urine. THis needs to be verified, though...